Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another twist on the rice crispy treat. This one adds fruit so you can sneak the "good stuff" into their diets. Taken from the Hometown Annapolis website.
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit (bits)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 ounces marshmallows (1 bag)
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- Spray a 13-by-9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cereal, raisins and fruit bits; set aside.
- Put margarine in large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 15 to 20 seconds until melted.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add marshmallows and stir to coat. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes until marshmallows are melted, stirring once. Stir until smooth.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal mixture and mix gently.
- Press into pan.
- Cool and cut into bars.