Recipe by jonesies
Another twist on the rice crispy treat. This one adds fruit so you can sneak the "good stuff" into their diets. Taken from the Hometown Annapolis website.
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit (bits)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 ounces marshmallows (1 bag)
- 3 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 13-by-9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cereal, raisins and fruit bits; set aside.
- Put margarine in large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 15 to 20 seconds until melted.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add marshmallows and stir to coat. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes until marshmallows are melted, stirring once. Stir until smooth.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal mixture and mix gently.
- Press into pan.
- Cool and cut into bars.