1/2 Photos of Crispy Fried Potato Wedges
5 hrs 6 mins
I leave the skin on for extra flavor but you can peel the potatoes if desired. Use one large slice of onion but do not chop as the onion slice will be removed before frying the potato wedges. Plan ahead the boiled potatoes need to be chilled before frying. You can fry the wedges slightly ahead and just crisp them up in the oven before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the potatoes with the peel on in boiling salted water to cover for about 12-14 minutes or until just fork-tender; drain cool slightly then chill for about 4 hours or up to 24 hours (or until cooled).
- 2Peel the potatoes if desired (I leave the skin on).
- 3Cut the potatoes into quarters.
- 4Heat oil and butter in a skillet until hot.
- 5Add in the onion slices; saute until the onion starts to turn golden; remove and discard onion (or you may leave the onion in).
- 6Add in potato wedges and fry for about 6-8 minutes or until golden on each side.
- 7Remove the wedges from the skillet onto paper towels then season immediately with seasoned salt (or white salt) and pepper if desired.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Fried Potato Wedges
Serving Size: 1 (4165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.1
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 54.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 12.8 g