Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted in response to a recipe request.
- 1 frying chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 -3 egg whites
- 1 cup shortening (for frying)
- Melt shortening in a heavy skillet.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt.
- Mix together wine, oil and flour; add stiffly beaten egg whites and combine well.
- Dip chicken pieces in this mixture to coat; fry until golden brown.
it was very good. we used deep fryer instead of skillet, and everything turned out great.
This had a really good flavor to it! It didn't get as crispy as I would like, but I think that was my fault because all we had were boneless skinless breasts, which is not the greatest for fried chicken. I will definately make this again (using skin on chicken pieces to get a crisper coating). Thanks for posting!