Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I make this allot, I always had scalloped potatoes peas and a garden salad with it.
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 4 chicken breasts (bone in or out your choice)
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet lightly with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine buttermilk and hot pepper sauce in 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Remove skin and fat from chicken; discard.
- Rinse chicken under cold water; pat dry.
- Place in buttermilk mixture, turning to coat.
- Set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, salt, chili powder, cilantro, cumin and ground red pepper in shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in crumb mixture, turning to coat well.
- Place chicken, meat side up, on cookie sheet.
- Spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake chicken 20 minutes (10 minutes for boneless); remove cookie sheet from oven and spray again with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes more, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.