Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is great, you can make a spicy version by adding hot sauce to the buttermilk and cayenne to the flour.
- Place chicken in a bowl and cover with buttermilk.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and water.
- In a large gallon freezer bag, mix flour, pepper, and paprika.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk and sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place all chicken pieces in freezer bag with flour mixture. Shake until all pieces are evenly coated.
- Remove chicken pieces one at a time, shaking excess flour.
- Dip each piece in the egg mixture, and return to bag of flour.
- After all pieces of been dipped in the egg mixture and put back in the bag, give it a second shake to coat chicken pieces again.
- Heat oil in deep fryer or deep pan to 350 degrees.
- Working in batches, drop each piece of chicken into the hot oil.
- Fry for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown, turning occasionally if oil does not completely cover chicken.
- Keep in mind that dark meat chicken takes longer to cook than white meat.