Recipe by carolinafan
Favorite at picnics. Delicious hot or cold.
Top Review by Karen From Colorado
I started out deep frying this chicken as suggested but then finished the rest up in the frying pan. Although the flavor was good, I found the breading to be tough and hard and it took way longer then 10 minutes to cook the drumsticks I was using.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon pepper, divided
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (3 3/4 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- cooking oil, for deep-fat frying
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow bowl, combine 2 2/3 cups flour, garlic salt, paprika, 2 1/2 teaspoons pepper and poultry seasoning.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and water; add salt and remaining flour and pepper.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then shake or dredge in flour mixture.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 365 degrees.
- Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, for about 10 minutes, turning once or until the chicken is golden brown and crispy and the juices run clear.
- Drain on paper towels.