Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This chicken is crispy and moist. The flavorings add a delicious taste.
Make and share this Crispy Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 frying chicken, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry.
- Coat with dry mixture.
- Dip in buttermilk.
- Again, coat with dry mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet on med hi heat.
- Fry pieces, turning often, for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to med and fry, turning often for another 30 minutes, or until juices run clear.
I don't know why, but this coating was like concrete!