Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the best home made fried chicken I have ever had!! I got this recipe out of a recipe book that our work made. It has recipes from people that work there and from some of the residents that live there.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- 3⁄4 cup beer or 3⁄4 cup water
- Combine seasoned flour ingredients in bowl.
- Combine batter ingredients in another bowl.
- Heat Crisco to 365 degrees.
- Dip chicken in seasoned flour, then batter and back to flour.
- Fry for 18-20 minutes or until done.
Awesome! Kids from 8 years to well, parents, just loved it! Very nice and crispy outside with tender chicken inside!