3 hrs 25 mins
Ripped from a magazine's style and entertaining section. It was sitting in my box...thought I'd post it. There is a 3 hour, or more, marination of the chicken in buttermilk required for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chicken pieces into a large bowl, and pour the buttermilk to cover them.
- 2Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 3In a large plastic bag, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- 4Heat the oil in a deep skillet to about 370 degrees.
- 5Take the chicken pieces out of the buttermilk, and shake them in the bag with the seasoned flour, 1-2 pieces at a time.
- 6Drop them in the hot oil deep enough to cover, and fry 6-8 minutes; turn and continue cooking.
- 7Turn once more and cook until the chicken is well browned and tender to the fork.
- 8Transfer the chicken to absorbent paper towels.
- 9Season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- 10If serving the chicken later, allow to cool completely before packing it up so that is stays crisp.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 888.4
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 236.5 mg
- Sodium 6202.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 67.3 g