Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Ripped from a magazine's style and entertaining section. It was sitting in my box...thought I'd post it. There is a 3 hour, or more, marination of the chicken in buttermilk required for this recipe.
- 2 chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 946.0 ml buttermilk
- 473.18 ml flour
- 73.94 ml kosher salt
- 14.79 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml cayenne
- 29.58 ml paprika
- oil (for frying)
- Place the chicken pieces into a large bowl, and pour the buttermilk to cover them.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- In a large plastic bag, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet to about 370 degrees.
- Take the chicken pieces out of the buttermilk, and shake them in the bag with the seasoned flour, 1-2 pieces at a time.
- Drop them in the hot oil deep enough to cover, and fry 6-8 minutes; turn and continue cooking.
- Turn once more and cook until the chicken is well browned and tender to the fork.
- Transfer the chicken to absorbent paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- If serving the chicken later, allow to cool completely before packing it up so that is stays crisp.