Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
Extra crispy lightly breaded French fries.
- Cut potato into french fry shapes.
- Heat oil to 325°F.
- Drop spuds into oil.
- Cook them in the oil for about 5 minutes, until they are semi-cooked and kind of floppy looking.
- Remove from oil, drain and cool.
- When spuds have cooled, re-heat oil to 375°F.
- Toss milk and cornstarch into a plastic bag.
- Put bread crumbs into another bag.
- Take semi-fried spuds and put them into the milk bag.
- Remove from milk bag then place into the bead crumb bag, shaking to coat.
- Refry for about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to drain.
We LOVED these. They were crispy and looked better than what you are served at a restaurant. They are also suprisingly easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly and used my deep fryer. I will be making these again and again I am sure! Thank you for posting such a wonderful recipe.
These were very good and crispy. Thanks for posting.
these were great, i had them with some bbq'd short ribs, and they were really crispy. Will do these again