Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites, lighly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole-grain wheat and barley nugget cereal
- 2 tablespoons lemon & herb seasoning
- 4 orange roughy fillets
- 1 lemon wedge
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 3⁄4 tablespoons dried oregano
- black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons whole celery seeds
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons powdered basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- Seasoning; Combine all ingredients in medium bowl.
- Toss gently with spoon until well-blended.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry, dark place for up to six months.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Select three pie plates or similar dishes with shallow sides.
- In the first dish, place flour.
- In the second, place egg white.
- In the third, place cereal mixed with herb seasoning.
- Rinse fish and pat dry.
- Dredge filet with flour, turning to coat both sides.
- Shake off excess.
- Then place it in the egg whites, again coating both sides.
- Finally, put it in the cereal-seasoning mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- Repeat for each fillet.
- Lay filets on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until fish is no longer translucent, allowing about 10 minutes per inch thickness at the thickest point.
- Serve with lemon wedge.