Excellent recipe! This is so fresh-tasting and different. Use with my Chili Mayo (see in my recipes).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- peanut oil, for frying
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lbs halibut fillets or 2 lbs red snapper fillets or 2 lbs other firm flesh white fish fillets
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 head napa cabbage, shredded
- chili mayonnaise (see posted in my recipes)
- lime wedge, for garnish
- 1To fry the fish: Fill a large heavy bottomed pot about 1/3 full of peanut oil. Heat to 375 degrees F.
- 2While the oil is heating, put the breadcrumbs into a shallow dish. Break the eggs into another shallow dish, season with salt and pepper, and beat them with 2 tablespoons of water.
- 3Cut the fish into 1-inch wide strips. Dip them into the egg, then coat them well with the breadcrumbs.
- 4Set aside and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- 5Cook the fish a few pieces at a time until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 6Drain on paper towels.
- 7To make the tacos: Heat a dry cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- 8Warm a corn tortilla in the pan until it softens, about 30 seconds.
- 9Place a fish strip on it, top with some of the shredded cabbage, and a big dollop of Chili Mayo.
- 10Squeeze on some lime juice, roll up, and eat!
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Fish Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.4
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 125.8 mg
- Sodium 313.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 37.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: