Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious Hungarian dish that we just love! Serving size and yield is a guess.
Make and share this Crispy Fish Sausages recipe from Food.com.
- soak bread in water until soft then strain liquid out.
- process fish, bread, salt,pepper, parsley, paprika, 1 egg together for a few seconds until mixed together but not minced.
- put flour, breadcrumbs, egg in individual shallow plates.
- get a small portion of the mixt and roll out into sausages.
- roll in flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs.
- heat oil and fry until golden brown.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
Made these for lunch today, since kids had a half day of school today we all enjoyed these. I added a dash extra parsley and pepper. Got 12 out of these. Very enjoyable with potato soup.
Made & reviewed for ZWT 4 ~ Kumquat's Kookin' Kaboodles! I made these for the kids lunch today along woith potato soup & they went crazy for them! I used Pollock fillets & added a little extra seasoning to the flour. We got exactly 12 'sausages' out of this recipe & DH gave it a ''gazillion stars''. Thanks again!
I was able to give this 5 stars with the help of the previous reviews. These are delightful crispy things with steamy moist insides. I use stale bread for recipes like this...when dry it crumbles easier. Since my fish fillets had been frozen, they had a lot of moisture, so I didn't soak the bread at all, but just threw everything, cubed, in my food processor. I added a generous amount of paprika and some all-purpose Greek seasoning. (I know, they're Hungarian!) I think a wide variety of seasoning would go well. You can also dip these cuties into a range of dips. They cooked up quick and I got about 13-14.