Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- Peel eggplant, cut into finger-size strips.
- Combine next 5 ingredients, stir well.
- Roll eggplant strips in breadcrumb mixture, dip in egg mixture, and roll again in breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot oil 375 degrees until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite warm marinara sauce.
It's farmers market season and I needed a recipe for eggplant. Wanted to do something different than the same old same. Since I was also doing lamb this was right up my alley. Followed the recipe to the letter, well almost. The only thing I did different was to coat them in cornstarch prior to the egg and breadcrumbs. This went well with my middle eastern burger and fries i.e. lamb burger and eggplant fries. They were good and I would make them again.
I LOVED this! The eggplant was so crispy outside and almost creamy inside. I'm not sure why, but apparently celery salt is an amazing spice to use with eggplant. Thank you so much Just Cher. I will definately make this again...
Great little recipe here. So simple to make, basic ingredients, and comes together in no time at all. We LOVE eggplant so this was a huge hit with the two of us. I seved with cocktail sauce, and every last bite was delish, and gone too soon! A definate keeper at our house.