Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe goes well with any main dish. Be sure to use the seasoned crumbs such as Pepperidge Farm brand for stuffing.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned stuffing mix, crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 lb eggplant, unpeeled
- Mix first 3 ingredients and set aside.
- Mix crumbs, Parmesan and Italian seasoning together and set aside.
- Wash and dry eggplant and slice into 1/2 inch slices. Spread each slice with mayonnaise mixture on both sides and roll in crumb mixture on both sides.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 425º for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
These baked up lovely. The flavor from the stuffing cubes was really good. I will use this recipe again, as my kids gobbled up the eggplant. Thank you for sharing.
Loved this recipe! I only had low-fat Miracle Whip in the house, which worked fine but I should have sprayed the pan first with some non-stick spray. The eggplant did turn out nice and crispy and we enjoyed it with some pasta and marinara. I was quite surprised to hear my husband ask if we could make this again some time!
Great way to do eggplant. Both my wife and I loved it. I used a low fat mayonnaise and used less of it to reduce some of the calories. It came out wonderful. The next time I plan to use an egg white wash instead of the mayo.