1 hr 30 mins
Queen Dragon Mom's Note:
A Himilayan recipe. Some work to make, but worth every minute. Tareko is a standard technique way up there at the top of the world. I sub. a Thai garlic-chili paste for the 2 separate ones. Can be used with any fowl, just vary the frying times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients but the duck and the oil.
- 2Place half the mixture in a small bowl and refrigerate.
- 3Rub the remaining paste all over the bird, inside and out.
- 4Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 12 hours minimum.
- 5Prepare a steamer and cook the bird for an hour.
- 6Remove duck from steamer and cool.
- 7Using reserved paste, recoat the whole bird, inside and out.
- 8Heat oil in deep fryer to 360.
- 9Fry duck until it is golden brown and the skin has crisped.
- 10Remove from oil and drain well.
- 11Serve with rice and a fruit chutney.
You Might Also Like...View All Nepalese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Duck
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1884.9
- Calories from Fat 1610
- Total Fat 178.9 g
- Saturated Fat 60.0 g
- Cholesterol 345.0 mg
- Sodium 291.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 52.5 g