Crispy Curried Scallop Cakes
- 1.Mix first 9 ingredients and 1 1/2 cups panko in large bowl to blend. Cover mixture and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2.Place remaining 2 cups panko on large plate. Form scallop mixture into balls, using 1 heaping tablespoon for each. Coat in panko, flattening slightly.
- 3.Heat enough vegetable oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat to come 1/4 inch up sides of pan.
- 4.Working in batches, sauté scallop cakes until golden and cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- 5.Transfer scallop cakes to paper towels to drain.
- 6.**Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Reheat on baking sheet in 350°F oven 8 minutes.
- 7.Transfer scallop cakes to platter.