- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 granny smith apples, peeled,cored and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and eggs until thick and pale; sift flour and baking powder together; add flour mixture to creamed mixture in batches, beating until smooth between additions.
- Pour into greased 9x13 baking dish; place apple slices on top of batter in one layer, overlapping them a bit; drizzle butter over apples.
- Stir dark brown sugar and cinnamon together and distribute it evenly over the top of the apples.
- Bake at 350°, 45 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.