Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are very crisp waffles which are excellent under a nice juicy topping such as crushed fresh berries or other fruits. Merry Berries is a good topping for these waffles!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 7⁄8 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind (optional)
- Use a whisk to combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Separate eggs,leaving the whites in a bowl where you can beat them easily.
- In a separate bowl,beat egg yolks until frothy and add oil and milk.
- Combine with flour mixture;add lemon rind,if desired.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form,then fold into batter.
- Bake until crisp in a hot waffle iron.
while they had good flavor, not really crispy or crunchy.
the family loved them! they were great they'll stay in my recipe book!!! thank you
This is a good basic waffle recipe. It made exactly 4 waffles. I put in 1/2 c. whole wheat flour for part of the called for flour. I also added only 1/2 of the oil called for (I used olive oil). Included 1 tsp cinnamon but would add more next time. These are wonderful with strawberries! I would not call them crispy crunchy though. Thanks for sharing!