- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 7⁄8 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a whisk to combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Separate eggs,leaving the whites in a bowl where you can beat them easily.
- In a separate bowl,beat egg yolks until frothy and add oil and milk.
- Combine with flour mixture;add lemon rind,if desired.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form,then fold into batter.
- Bake until crisp in a hot waffle iron.