Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From super food magazine - I've got these ready to go in the oven at the moment though I scaled back for 4 serves and used 4 garlic cloves instead of 2 since they were very small otherwise made as per recipe. They did recommend desiree potatoes but I used carisma's (a low GI potato). Please note that after making tonight in a non-forced fan oven at 200C it took me 60 minutes to get my potatoes nicely browned though not crisp but that is Carisma potatoes, very hard to get them crisp in this sort of cooking though I have done with shallow frying them as long as they are cut as a very small dice.
- 2 kg potatoes (peeled and cut into 2cm cubes)
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprig rosemary (fresh, torn)
- 3 sprig lemon thyme (fresh, torn)
- 4 garlic cloves (halved)
- 1 sprig lemon thyme (fresh extra to serve)
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and add oil, rosemary, thyme and garic and season with salt and pepper and then toss to coat.
- Spread the potatoes mixture on prepared tray in a single layer.
- Roast for 50 to 60 minutes until golden and crisp and serve sprinkled with extra thyme sprigs.
This potato dish is one that I'll be making over and over again. It was well enjoyed by all in the family. I didn't use lemon thyme as it's nowhere to be found around here unless you grow it yourself. I used regular thyme and grated lemon rind which worked out very well, though I'm curious on how lemon thyme would have tasted. Made it for Everyday is a Holiday tag game. Thank you I'mPat for another great recipe.
Aussie Swap #82: These potatoes were divine!! Easy to prepare and a good accompaniment with any meal!!