Rick B(2)'s Note:
Delicious, crunchy fried chicken. This recipe came from the "AllRecipes" site. I'm sure you could always play around with the spices for a variety of flavors!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (Cut each half lengthwise into 2 pieces to create a total of 8 pieces)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- 1 egg
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- oil (for frying)
- 1Combine soup, egg and seasoned salt in a bowl and set aside (soup is already salted so be careful on amount of seasoned salt you add).
- 2Mix together flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a resealable plastic bag.
- 3Dip chicken pieces into soup mixture and turn so as to coat all over.
- 4Place chicken pieces (one at a time) in bag with flour mixture, seal bag and shake to coat chicken (if more flour mixture is needed, add equal amounts of flour and cornstarch to bag).
- 5Place coated pieces of chicken on a platter and allow to set until the coating becomes doughy (this is critical to ensure crispiness when fried).
- 6Heat oil in a deep fryer or in a skillet over medium heat, using enough oil to cover chicken pieces when fried (you can test oil in skillet by dropping a piece of the doughy coating into the hot oil- oil is ready when dough begins frying immediately).
- 7Once chicken is doughy, fry pieces in oil for approx 5-8 minutes or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- 8Drain pieces on paper towel and serve.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "Crispy-Crunchy" Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 127.4 mg
- Sodium 595.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 32.3 g