Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious, crunchy fried chicken. This recipe came from the "AllRecipes" site. I'm sure you could always play around with the spices for a variety of flavors!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (Cut each half lengthwise into 2 pieces to create a total of 8 pieces)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- 1 egg
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- oil (for frying)
- Combine soup, egg and seasoned salt in a bowl and set aside (soup is already salted so be careful on amount of seasoned salt you add).
- Mix together flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a resealable plastic bag.
- Dip chicken pieces into soup mixture and turn so as to coat all over.
- Place chicken pieces (one at a time) in bag with flour mixture, seal bag and shake to coat chicken (if more flour mixture is needed, add equal amounts of flour and cornstarch to bag).
- Place coated pieces of chicken on a platter and allow to set until the coating becomes doughy (this is critical to ensure crispiness when fried).
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or in a skillet over medium heat, using enough oil to cover chicken pieces when fried (you can test oil in skillet by dropping a piece of the doughy coating into the hot oil- oil is ready when dough begins frying immediately).
- Once chicken is doughy, fry pieces in oil for approx 5-8 minutes or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Drain pieces on paper towel and serve.