Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This can be either baked or deep fried. I was experimenting with ingredients I had on hand and this is what I came up with, so its a original recipe of my own.
- 1 lb catfish nuggets
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven or deep fryer to 350'.
- If using in the oven, spray baking sheet with Pam and add 1Tbs. Oil. Spread evenly.
- In a bowl combine buttermilk and egg. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl add bisquick, set aside.
- In another bowl add crushed cornflakes,all purpose greek seasoning,Old Bay Seasoning,dillweed, salt & pepper. Blend to mix.
- Place catfish nuggets in the buttermilk mixture and let set 5 minutes.
- Dip in bisquick than into the corn flake mixture and place on greased baking sheet or in a deep fryer.
- If baking, bake for 30 minutes or until fish flakes.
- If deep frying, fry 5 to 8 minutes or until crispy brown and fish flakes.
- Serve with tarter sauce.