Recipe by foodtvfan
Easy to make oven-baked breaded pork chops. I usually bake some potatoes in the oven alongside the chops. Make some extra baked potatoes for home fries the next day. Toss a salad while pork chops and potatoes are baking and dinner is ready.
Top Review by Theresa Kay
Super easy but use saltine crackers. Nothing else produces as crispy a crust. I used sea salt and unsalted crackers. The results were fabulous. This now is my standard way of fixing pork chops. Roasting white and or sweet potatoes along with the chops conserves energy. Serve with a green salad and you have a dinner fit for family or guests.
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4-1 cup finely ground salted soda crackers, crumbs or 3⁄4-1 cup dry breadcrumbs (or combination of crackers and dry breadcrumbs)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (omit sea salt if using salted cracker crumbs)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 6 pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub melted butter, crumbs and seasonings together.
- Rinse chops with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Coat chops thoroughly with the crumb mixture.
- Press crumbs on chops firmly with hands.
- Place chops, in a single layer, on a rack in a shallow baking pan with sides. Do not cover.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour, without turning, until done.