Recipe by sonnyu28
This is a creamy crunchy cabbage salad my family in Germany makes. I used half and half in this recipe but it also tastes very yummy with cream. I have also made the salad with evaporated milk before. I prefer a subtle bacon flavor, therefore I use oil instead of the bacon drippings but you can substitute these if you like.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Wonderful! It's almost like a cole slaw with bacon. I chopped my cabbage fairly small. My herbs were a combination of fresh parlsley, cilantro and tarragon. I felt that was a great combination. I just added some chopped onion to suit my personal taste. Thanx for sharing!
- 1 head green cabbage
- 3 ounces bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ounce herbs, garden kitchen
Directions See How It's Made
- shred cabbage fine or coarse as you prefer.
- dice bacon (or canadian bacon) and fry crisp.
- Mix half and half, vinegar, oil (or if you like more bacon flavor substitute with the bacon drippings), sugar, salt and pepper.
- Ad bacon bits to the dressing.
- pour over cabbage, mix and store in the fridge for 1/2 hour before serving.