Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Versatile recipe. Add finely ground or chopped nuts, grated parmesan cheese, edible seeds, or anything else that fits your fancy.
- Put the white flour, wheat flour, salt, and cold butter in food processor.
- Process well.
- Blend in the cold water.
- Mixture should be crumbly, yet hold its shape when pressed together.
- If too dry, add a little more water.
- Gather mixture into a ball.
- Roll out on lightly floured surface, to 1/8- or 1/4-inch thickness (Note: seeds, such as sesame, flax, or poppy, can be rolled into the dough at this point).
- Cut dough into desired shape.
- Place unbaked crackers onto greased cookie sheet.
- Prick tops with fork, then wet tops with a little water (The water makes them crispy. Too much water makes them tough).
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 10-14 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
Very crispy and tasty. I mixed some sesame seeds into dough and sprinkled some more on the top, before baking along with grated parmesan. Only thing was that I needed to put them in the oven for a little longer than specified time (about 15 - 17 mins) for them to bake completely and go lovely and golden. Otherwise, great recipe. Thank you.
This is a fantastic basic cracker recipe! I can add so much to this and create so many different variety of crackers. I rolled them out super thin and baked them the full 14 minutes. I think this is what made then have that crunch that so many homemade crackers are missing. Thank you sharing this with us!
Excellent crackers! I added some Italian seasoning just to give it some flavor. I plan to use Tony's (cajun seasoning) next time for some kick!