Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
The filling can be made earlier in the day to save time later.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped imitation crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 16 wonton wrappers
- oil (for frying)
- sweet and sour sauce
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the onions, crab and garlic; mix well. Place about 1-1/2 teaspoons in the center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten edges with water; fold opposite corners over filling and press to seal.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 inches of oil to 375°. Fry wontons for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sweet-and-sour sauce.
- NOTE: Fill wonton wrappers a few at a time, keeping the others covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.