Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Made for Good Things Are Cooking Here!! (A non-cooking game) In the Australian/New Zealand Cooking Forum - http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=233992 Chef #547750 wrote "I had a pizza with a base like this in France once. They like them with a very thin, crispy pastry base rather than a yeast bread base."
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry (savoury, frozen or freshly made)
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (paste or finely chop them)
- 1 fresh chili pepper (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass (finely chopped)
- 200 g crabmeat (cooked and shredded)
- 1 lime
- 50 g mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup rocket
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Roll the pastry to 1/4"/5mm.
- Mix the finely chopped chilli with the sun-dried tomato paste or finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes and spread all over the pastry. Look for the tubs of sun-dried tomato pesto beside the regular basil pesto in the fridge section of your supermarket. It makes a great tasty pizza sauce.
- Bake in a hot oven (200C or 400F) for 8 minutes.
- Zest and juice the lime.
- Combine the shredded crab meat, lime zest, lemongrass and a little of lime juice.
- Slice the mozzarella into about 6 slices.
- Remove the pastry from the oven and scatter the crab mixture and mozzarella slices over the top. Add a grind of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Put back in the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- To serve, scatter the rocket over the pizza while still hot. Thin the mayonnaise with the rest of the lime juice and drizzle over the rocket.
YUM! I'm not a big rocket fan but I had to try this pizza because I like the rest of the ingredients. I used sun-dried tomato pesto and two little tins of crabmeat but otherwise kept to the recipe. Each layer of the pizza was unique and together they really went well. I cut the pizza into four squares and then folded the square in half and ate it like a sandwich. Delicious Thank you Aus/NZ Chef's