Recipe by ~jb4~
This is my grandmothers way of making chicken. Has been for years and years. I hope you like it as much as we all have. It is very crispy and very juicy. Follow the directions exactly! **Cooking time includes time spent in the refrigerator.**
- 1 fryer chicken, cut in pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix 2 tsps salt with the 2 cups water.
- Place the chicken parts inside and let soak for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper and paprika in a shallow dish.
- Set aside.
- In another shallow dish mix eggs and milk together.
- Dredge chicken parts in flour mixture then in egg mixture and then flour mixture again.
- Do this for all the chicken parts.
- Place all chicken pieces onto a baking sheet and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Pour oil into an electric skillet to a depth of 1/2 inch and heat to 375 degrees.
- Fry chicken in batches, 10 minutes per side or until golden.
- Reduce heat to 250 degrees, cover and cook for 25 minutes or until done.
- Drain chicken on paper towels and keep warm in an oven while you finish the remaining chicken.