Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Are you tired of chicken coated with the usual flour and/or breadcrumbs? Well, try this and I think you'll enjoy it. Please feel free to add more or take away any amount of the seasonings you wish. If you don't want a real crispy coating, just dip in the egg, then the cornmeal mixture. For more even cooking, pound chicken until slightly thin. This will serve six or three with an appetite. Submitted to "Zaar" on June 14th,2007
- 3⁄4 cup baking mix (like the Bisquick brand)
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal (I use the Martha White yellow cornmeal mix)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halves cut in half (make six pieces)
- canola oil (for frying)
- In a shallow dish (such as a deep dish pie plate) combine all dry ingredients, mixing well.
- In another shallow dish, mix egg and milk until well blended.
- Preheat oil in large skillet over medium to medium high heat.
- Coat both sides of each chicken in dry mix.
- Dip each piece in egg/milk mixture, coating both sides well.
- Then coat each piece of chicken in dry mix again, making sure each piece is well coated.
- Fry on both sides until coating is a golden brown, about 8 to 10 minute on each side; drain on paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy.
Yum Yum Yum... soooooo good... this was the first meal i made my boyfriend... he loved it.. and it was sooooo easy... thanks for sharing... :-)
Made this for some unexpected company & a big it it was, especially since I did it extra crunchy! I also felt the need to flatten the breasts just a bit since they were very thick in the middle! ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL TASTING! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]