Nice alternative to plain waffles for breakfast. My family loves these.
Make and share this Crispy Cornmeal Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Set oven on low to keep waffles warm after they are cooked.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl, mix the all the wet ingredients together including the melted butter.
- Pour the wet into the dry and mix just until they are combined.
- Lightly spray your waffle iron with non-stick and pour about 1/2 c.
- batter for each waffle.
- Cook until browned and crisp.
- NOTE: I like to serve these with maple syrup and citrus fruit sections, along with some browned breakfast sausages.
Oh, love these waffles! A few years ago a friend brought me a gift of blue corn pancake and waffle mix from her vacation to the southwest. I really liked it and am unable to buy it anywhere locally. Now we can get the blue cornmeal and I have been looking for ways to use it. This recipe is the one! It was very easy to put together and the waffles are very good. I like the idea of using syrup to sweeten them. The ones that didn't get eaten for breakfast didn't make it to the freezer for another day, they got polished off for lunch! I will be making these again. Thanks for a great recipe, PetitFour!
Enjoyed these waffles, thank you!
Waffles were nothing special. I followed the exact recipe, but the waffles were bland and boring.