Nice alternative to plain waffles for breakfast. My family loves these.
Make and share this Crispy Cornmeal Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Set oven on low to keep waffles warm after they are cooked.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl, mix the all the wet ingredients together including the melted butter.
- Pour the wet into the dry and mix just until they are combined.
- Lightly spray your waffle iron with non-stick and pour about 1/2 c.
- batter for each waffle.
- Cook until browned and crisp.
- NOTE: I like to serve these with maple syrup and citrus fruit sections, along with some browned breakfast sausages.