Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These fritters can be made up to 6 hours ahead, covered, and refrigerated. To serve, reheat in 225 degree oven for 15 minutes. You can also serve "Roasted Red Pepper Sauce" with these corn cakes in addition to the avocado sauce or instead of the avocado sauce.
- 414.03 ml fresh corn kernels
- 59.14 ml milk
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 236.59 ml part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 236.59 ml flour
- 59.14 ml cornmeal
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- cooking spray or 59.16 ml canola oil, if frying
- 1 large ripe Hass avocado, pitted
- 14.79 ml reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Puree 3/4 cup of the corn kernels and milk in a food processor until smooth; add scallions and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add ricotta, eggs, flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper; pulse until combined.
- Transfer batter to a bowl; stir in the remaining 1 cup corn kernels.
- Heat oven to 225 degrees F; place a large baking sheet in oven.
- Coat 2 large nonstick skillets with cooking spray and heat over medium heat (or heat 2 T oil in each skillet).
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the batter into the hot skillets.
- Cook 2 1/2 minutes per side, until puffed and golden.
- Transfer to oven to keep warm while making remaining corn cakes.
- To serve, arrange warm fritters on a platter and serve with Avocado Sauce.
- For sauce, scoop avocado flesh with a spoon into a small bowl; mash well until smooth.
- Stir in mayonnaise, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours before serving.
- Serve with corn cakes.