My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray or 4 tablespoons canola oil, if frying
- 1Puree 3/4 cup of the corn kernels and milk in a food processor until smooth; add scallions and pulse until finely chopped.
- 2Add ricotta, eggs, flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper; pulse until combined.
- 3Transfer batter to a bowl; stir in the remaining 1 cup corn kernels.
- 4Heat oven to 225 degrees F; place a large baking sheet in oven.
- 5Coat 2 large nonstick skillets with cooking spray and heat over medium heat (or heat 2 T oil in each skillet).
- 6Drop teaspoonfuls of the batter into the hot skillets.
- 7Cook 2 1/2 minutes per side, until puffed and golden.
- 8Transfer to oven to keep warm while making remaining corn cakes.
- 9To serve, arrange warm fritters on a platter and serve with Avocado Sauce.
- 10For sauce, scoop avocado flesh with a spoon into a small bowl; mash well until smooth.
- 11Stir in mayonnaise, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- 12Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours before serving.
- 13Serve with corn cakes.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Corn Cakes With Avocado Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.7
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 82.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.9 g