Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Crispy Cod Fillets recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 4 cod fish fillets (4 fillets = 1 pound) or 4 haddock fillets (4 fillets = 1 pound) or 4 flounder fillets, thawed if frozen (4 fillets = 1 pound)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pam cooking spray, grilling spray
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place bread crumbs in shallow dish; set aside.
- Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Add to bread crumbs; turn over to completely coat both sides of each fillet.
- Spray large skillet with grilling spray; heat 1 minute over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork (145°F), turning after 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Drizzle with lemon juice.
Very tasty and simple recipe, it's a snap to make. Used cat fish as don't currently have cod in the house. That turned out very well. The coating is light and you really can't beat the low calorie and sugar content.