Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is very delicious if you like coconut. Try it with a zesty marmalade dipping sauce, honey Dijon dipping sauce or sweet and sour dipping sauce.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup lowfat 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Heat oven to 425º.
- Spray large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place flour, sugar, paprika and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat egg and milk in another small bowl.
- Place coconut in a third small bowl.
- Dip shrimp first in egg wash, then the flour mixture, then back in the egg wash, then in the coconut.
- Arrange shrimp on baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Yield: 4 servings.
This was very good I thought the coconut went well with the shrimp taste and balanced nicely. Maybe my shrimp had a stronger taste. I would use small plates rather then bowls to dredge the shrimp. It was quite a mess to make and the shrimp was not really crsipy even after about 17 min. Still I would make them again
These were really good and easy to put together. The coconut went well with it but it did somewhat overpower the delicate shrimp taste. It was more a coconut flavour than shrimp. But it still was good. Do spray the baking dish well as they tend to stick to the dish.