Recipe by Tearanii
This is very delicious if you like coconut. Try it with a zesty marmalade dipping sauce, honey Dijon dipping sauce or sweet and sour dipping sauce.
Top Review by John W Wenzelburger
This was very good I thought the coconut went well with the shrimp taste and balanced nicely. Maybe my shrimp had a stronger taste. I would use small plates rather then bowls to dredge the shrimp. It was quite a mess to make and the shrimp was not really crsipy even after about 17 min. Still I would make them again
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup lowfat 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425º.
- Spray large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place flour, sugar, paprika and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat egg and milk in another small bowl.
- Place coconut in a third small bowl.
- Dip shrimp first in egg wash, then the flour mixture, then back in the egg wash, then in the coconut.
- Arrange shrimp on baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Yield: 4 servings.