Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A delicious pork chop recipe that is always well received.
- 1 1⁄3 cups baker's angel flake coconut
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 6 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- Mix coconut with bread crumbs. Mix eggs with salt and pepper.
- Dip chops in egg; coat with coconut mixture. Place in shallow baking pan; drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes; turn chops and bake 20 minutes longer.
This was a good and simple presentation for pork. I used some pork cutlets, which were thinner than chops would be, and so only baked them about 35 minutes. They were tender with a mildly sweet flavor. I had seasoned them with a touch of bother onion and garlic powder in addition to the salt and pepper. Should I happen to have cutlets on hand again I'll probably use this recipe again.
Even the kids enjoyed this recipe. Pork stayed moist, coconut coating is different but yummy. Didn't think of it in time, but the sauce from Crispy Coconut Chicken Fingers, 1 cup apricot preserves plus 2 T dijon mustard, would be a nice accompaniment. Thanks for sharing the recipe!