1/7 Photos of Crispy Coconut-Oatmeal Cookies
This recipe has oatmeal, Rice Krispies and coconut. Very crispy and yummy. I clipped it from a Southern Living magazine years ago. It's requested time and again at my house. The key to this recipe is definitely the rice krispies. Kellogs (a Michigan based co) introduced these in 1904. This recipe represents the Midwestern U.S.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat shortening and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended; add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- 2Combine flour and next 2 ingredients; add to shortening mixture, mixing well.
- 3Stir in oats and remaining ingredients.
- 4Shape into 1-inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets; flatten slightly with fork.
- 5Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- 6Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Coconut-Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.7
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 39.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g