This recipe has oatmeal, Rice Krispies and coconut. Very crispy and yummy. I clipped it from a Southern Living magazine years ago. It's requested time and again at my house. The key to this recipe is definitely the rice krispies. Kellogs (a Michigan based co) introduced these in 1904. This recipe represents the Midwestern U.S.
- Beat shortening and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended; add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine flour and next 2 ingredients; add to shortening mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in oats and remaining ingredients.
- Shape into 1-inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets; flatten slightly with fork.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.