Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Serve these crispy baked chicken fingers with the apricot dipping sauce recipe which I have also posted here. Yummy!
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Mix together coconut, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in flat dish.
- Dip chicken strips into egg, then coat with coconut mixture.
- Place in shallow baking pan and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until brown and cooked through, turning once.
- Make sauce by combining apricot preserves and dijon mustard.
MMMmm.. I loved these! To keep them crispy I placed them on a wire rack that fit over top of a backing sheet. I thought they were delicious! No apricot preserves, so I just made a thick sauce by simmering some teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, honey, and some corn starch.
So good- a real husband pleaser!
YUM! I made this for me and the bf last night .. it was super yummy and easy! We both liked it, and the coconut wasn't overpowering like I was afraid it might be. The sauce was yummy too. Thanks for the recipe!