Prep 6 mins
Cook 35 mins
Good and easy to put together. From Chatelaine magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup store-bought crouton
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breasts or 8 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard (or 1 tablespoon dijon and 1 tbsp honey)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Preheat oven to 400°F Place croutons in a plastic bag. Coarsely crush with a rolling pin or can.
- Remove skin from chicken, if necessary. Place chicken, bone-side down, on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- In a bowl, using back of spoon or your fingers, mash butter with mustard and tarragon.
- Spoon a little of mixture on chicken, then spread with back of spoon to evenly coat. Sprinkle crushed croutons over top, then press into chicken.
- Roast in center of 400F oven until golden, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Tomorrow's lunch: Shred chicken and add to a caesar salad.