Recipe by Granddaughter 1
It takes a few steps to come up with the perfect waffle, but it's worth it. This is a simple recipe as far as ingredients go, and yet, the waffles taste great. We eat them with honey, milk caramel and apples, or simply powdered sugar.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 6 ingredients in bowl one.
- Melt the shortening in microwave- safe bowl on high for 45 seconds.
- Thoroughly beat next 6 ingredients in bowl two.
- Gradually pour bowl one mixture into bowl two, and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in egg whites with rubber spatula.
- Pour into waffle maker- one full medium sized ladle should make one waffle.
- We set our waffle maker on high and leave them in long enough to brown- they should come out very crunchy. Place in low- heat oven to keep warm.