Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is THE best banana bread that I have ever made! The recipe is from Southern Living.
Make and share this Crispy Cinnamon Streusel Banana Nut Cream Cheese Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Beat butter and cream cheese together with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add sugar, gradually, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until blended.
- Gradually add flour and next three ingredients to butter mixture, beating at low until just blended.
- Stir in bananas, pecans, and vanilla.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8x4 loafpans.
- Batter will be thick.
- For streusel: Stir together 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over batter in pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Bread may be shielded with aluminum foil that last 15 minutes to prevent excessive browning of streusel.
- Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool 30 more minutes before slicing.
- For perfect slices, cut with a serrated or electric knife after cooling.
Fantastic! I made it in a bundt pan also as suggested by Loves2Teach. I doubled the streusel recipe and baked an extra layer of streusel between the banana bread layers as well as putting it on top. Everybody loved it and it was relatively easy to make!
11/09/08: This is the best banana bread. The streusel topping is a nice contrast to the moist bread. 05/16/09: I have made this recipe several times now and we really enjoy this bread made as muffins. Makes 2 dozen muffins; bake 25 minutes. Thank you for the recipe.
Made this today and it came out perfect!!! Moist, flavorful and yummy! I had to sub in walnuts for the pecans, but even still very good. I also made a loaf pan and a tin of muffins, and so far I've tried a muffin and its delicious! The streusel topping really adds a lot to it and I used 5 bananas instead of 4 and less walnuts. Thanks for posting!!!