1/6 Photos of Crispy Cinnamon Streusel Banana Nut Cream Cheese Bread
1 hr 15 mins
This is THE best banana bread that I have ever made! The recipe is from Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350º.
- 2Beat butter and cream cheese together with an electric mixer until creamy.
- 3Add sugar, gradually, and beat until light and fluffy.
- 4Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until blended.
- 5Gradually add flour and next three ingredients to butter mixture, beating at low until just blended.
- 6Stir in bananas, pecans, and vanilla.
- 7Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8x4 loafpans.
- 8Batter will be thick.
- 9For streusel: Stir together 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 10Sprinkle mixture evenly over batter in pans.
- 11Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 12Bread may be shielded with aluminum foil that last 15 minutes to prevent excessive browning of streusel.
- 13Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 14Remove from pans and cool 30 more minutes before slicing.
- 15For perfect slices, cut with a serrated or electric knife after cooling.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Cinnamon Streusel Banana Nut Cream Cheese Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1801 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3470.0
- Calories from Fat 1615
- Total Fat 179.5 g
- Saturated Fat 76.3 g
- Cholesterol 509.2 mg
- Sodium 2103.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 442.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.0 g
- Sugars 274.5 g
- Protein 42.3 g