Prep 45 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is a recipe from the July issue of Better Homes and Gardens. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks tasty.
- 6 slices prosciutto (about 4 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 lemons
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 small carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 of a small red onion, chopped
- 5 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place prosciutto in singlelayer on large baking sheet. Bake until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes, set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika; add to skillet. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once. Cool slightly; slice.
- For Lemon Dressing, finely shred peel from one lemon; squeeze lemons to make 1/3 lemon juice. In small bowl whisk together remaining olive oil, lemon juice, shredded peel, and shallot. Season with salt and pepper to your liking and set aside.
- In large bowl combine carrots, zucchini, sweet peppers, onion, and chicken. Toss with dressing. Add blue cheese.
- Line salad bowls with romaine. Spoon in chicken mixture. Top with prociutto.