Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Had this at a church supper a couple of weeks ago and the lady who made it just gave me the recipe. I really like this side dish.
- Place frozen broccoli in a 2-qt casserole; add 3 tablespoons water. Cover and microwave on High, 7 to 10 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes. Let stand, covered 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain well; stir in butter.
- Mix remaining ingredients together; reserve 2 tablespoons. Fold mixture into broccoli.
- Microwave on high, 5 to 9 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top.
- Microwave 1 to 2 minutes longer.
JIM, I must say this is yummy ADDICTIVE!!!!!!!! I did use frozen broccoli but i only used the micro to defrost and warm enough to melt 1/4 cup of the butter(didn`t use the other 1/4 cup). I upped the 1/8 teaspoon of garlic, mustard, paprika, ginger, to 1/4 teaspoon. After the microwave I place in the oven to just heat through. This is addictive!!! Thanks!!!!
I did make a couple of changes to the recipe. I paid heed to the other reviews, and reduced the cooking time. I didn't add water, because I've found that microwaved frozen veggies don't need any additional water to cook. And I left out the bread crumbs because we don't like them. The dish turned out very well, and is a tasty way to spruce up frozen broccoli. I'd make this again any time. Made for Fall 2009 Football Pool.
My husband and I loved this. The only change I made is used whole wheat ritz cracker for the breadcrumbs. Thanks for an awesome recipe!