Recipe by Blue Eyes Willow
Not in the mood for chocolate chip, but still wanting chocolate cookies, I adapted a crispy ginger recipe (231798) beyond recognition. I make half recipes usually so that's why some of the measurements look a little bit wonky. These taste just like chocolate graham crackers to me.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 small egg
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda (heaping)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- raw sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- cream together butter and sugars.
- add honey, egg and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- slowly add dry ingredients to wet, mixing thoroughly (I usually do this in 2 or three stages).
- Using two spoons, scoop desired amount of dough onto one spoon, dunk in raw sugar (if desired), then use the second spoon to slide the dough onto your pan, sugar side up.
- Bake 10-12 minutes for softer cookies, longer for crispier cookies.