Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Not in the mood for chocolate chip, but still wanting chocolate cookies, I adapted a crispy ginger recipe (231798) beyond recognition. I make half recipes usually so that's why some of the measurements look a little bit wonky. These taste just like chocolate graham crackers to me.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 small egg
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda (heaping)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- raw sugar (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- cream together butter and sugars.
- add honey, egg and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- slowly add dry ingredients to wet, mixing thoroughly (I usually do this in 2 or three stages).
- Using two spoons, scoop desired amount of dough onto one spoon, dunk in raw sugar (if desired), then use the second spoon to slide the dough onto your pan, sugar side up.
- Bake 10-12 minutes for softer cookies, longer for crispier cookies.
Worst recipe for cookies I have ever used. I didn't change the recipe at all and theyfell apart and weren't crispy at all! They don't taste like chocolate at all. :(
Awesome recipe, I didn't change it a bit. I was looking for a crispy chocolate cookie recipe that my husband wanted and he loved it. I did add some peanut butter chips to a few of the cookies for me. I also used a cookie scoop and dipped the scoop in the sugar and then put on cookie sheet with parchment paper. I have a convection oven so had to bake them at 325 for 12 minutes. I did have to google how to measure out 3/8 cup and that is 1/4 cup plus 2 TBL.
Fantastic! I am admittedly a horrible baker because I hate measuring and like to improvise. However, these cookies came out perfect despite my most fervent efforts to muss them up! I doubled the recipe since I was making cookies for a big party. I left half the dough as is and got fancy with the other half adding cinnamon, chili powder, ginger and nutmeg. Both batches came out so delicious and crispy, exactly what I wanted! This is one of the best cookie recipes I have found!