Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the Dec 2013 issue of Taste of the South Magazine. Prep and cook times are estimates as none were listed.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) packagebittersweet chocolate chips (such as Ghirardelli)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crispy rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchement paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium until fluffy. Add egg, and beat until combined, stopping occasionally to scrape the sides of the bowl. Beat in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt, Whisk. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat until well combined. Add chocolate morsels and cereal; beat until combined. Dough will be thick. Roll dough into 1" balls and place 2" apart on prepared pans.
- Bake, in batches, until edges of cookies are set and lightly browned, approximately 10 minutes. Let stand on pan 3 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire rack and let cool completely. Store in airtight container up to 2 days.