Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I need to try this recipe! Found in a healthy eating magazine.
Make and share this Crispy Chipotle Bean Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 3 ounces Cotija cheese (3/4 cup) or 3 ounces queso fresco (3/4 cup) or 3 ounces reduced fat monterry cheddar cheese (3/4 cup)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo
- 12 sheets frozen phyllo pastry sheets, thawed (14x9 in triangles)
- 1⁄3 cup light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the green onions and garlic; cook about 3 minutes or just until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat . Stir in beans, corn, rice 1/3 cup of the tomatoes, cheese, and chili peppers. Set aside.
- Unroll phyllo dough; remove one sheet of the phyllo dough and place on a flat surface. (As you work, cover he remaining phyllo dough with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out) Lightly coat the phyllo sheet with cooking spray. Lay another sheet of phyllo dough on top he first sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray. Repeat with the remaining phyllo sheets to make two more stacks. Cut each phyllo stack in half crosswise to make six stacks total (each 9x7 inches).
- To assemble burritos, spoon about 2/3 cup of the bean mixture along one side of each phyllo stack, leaving about 1 1/2inches of space on each end. Fold short sides up and over filling; roll up phyllo around filling, starting athe long side. Place burritos, seam sides down, on a large baking sheet. Coat tops of burritos with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown and filling is heated through.Serve with the remaining 1/2 cup chopped tomato and sour cream.
Great recipe! I used regular tortillas and baked them at 350 for 30 min because it's what I had on hand. I also subbed green chiles for the chipotle. Will definitely make again and try the phyllo! Thanks