Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From pampered chef's Kids in the Kitchen cookbook. With BBQ or chili cheese flavored corn chips.
- 4 1⁄2 cups chili cheese corn chips or 4 1⁄2 cups barbecue corn chips
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 (3 lb) broiler chickens, cut up
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place chips in large resealable plastic bag and crush chips with rolling pin to make 2 cups coarse crumbs.
- Pour into 9" pie plate and set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix egg and milk.
- Rinse chicken pieces under water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Trim off any extra skin or fat.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, one piece at a time, then roll in crumbs to coat evenly. (Press crumbs against the chicken so they will stick.).
- Place chicken, meaty side up, in 9x13-inch baking pan. Place on parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Sprinkle chicken with any remaining crumbs. (Discard egg mixture.).
- Melt margarine in microwave on high for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Slowly pour margarine over chicken.
- Bake 1 hour or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Note: You can use regular flavored corn chips. Just add 2 tsp chili powder to the crumbs.
Great recipe, I have made chicken coated in potato chips in the past but corn chips is a first for me, however it won't be the last, thanks for sharing Cheesehead!...Kitten:)