Chef #357081 - Paula's Note:
Crispy Chilli Rellenos
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the chilli's and cut them open, make sure that there are not any seeds left inside.
- 2Get a cup of water and 2 plates ready. You'll want to start heating your oil up at this point once you get the folding of the wrappers down. It is a med. high heat. Too hot and the cheese won't melt but the wrapper will get crispy, too cold and you won't be able to do either.
- 3Place one egg roll wrapper on the plate.
- 4Place one chilli on the egg roll wrapper. Place the chilli long ways left to right.
- 5Sprinkle with cheese, more cheese more melty!
- 6Fold, the left and right side over the chilli. Use your finger in water, wipe a litte bit of water on the right and left side of the egg roll wrapper that is on the inside of your soon to be pocket.
- 7Bring the back of the egg roll wrapper up and over the left and right side. Slide some water over this part too.
- 8Bring the front over the back and seal.
- 9Once your oil is hot enough, place the package in the oil and allow to cook for a few moments on each side. They should get crispy and a nice brown bubbly color.
- 10(We split our egg roll wrapper package and chilli can into 2. We'll have the 2nd half a week or so later.).
- 11You can also make your own egg roll wrappers with the following recipe, although I haven't actually tried it.
- 122 C flour, 3/4 C water and 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- 13In food processor (I'm sure you can use a blender), process flour and salt to mix. Leave processor running and slowly pour water through top. When dough forms a ball and bounces on top of the blades, it's done (may not need all water, or may need more). Roll out paper thin, cut into 3-4" squares.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Chilli Relleno
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.5
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 368.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 7.7 g