Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Served with a choice of sauces, these crunchy appetizers are a big hit at parties.
Make and share this Crispy Chicken Wontons recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped water chestnut
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (16 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- plum sauce or sweet and sour sauce
- In a bowl, combine chicken, carrot and water chestnuts. In another bowl, combine cornstarch, water, soy sauce and ginger until smooth. Add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten edges with water. Bring opposite points together; pinch to seal. Place on greased baking sheets. Combine butter and oil; brush over wontons. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with plum or sweet-sour sauce.
- Note: Fill wonton wrappers a few at a time, keeping the others covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.